As girls who are registered dietitian nutritionists and personal trainers who always seem to wish there were more hours in a day, we’re all about finding easy ways to stay healthy despite being time crunched. We’ve been experimenting our entire lives– and teaching what we’ve learned for our entire careers! We share our secrets with our clients and we’re revealing our top 4 ways to become the healthiest YOU, despite a busy schedule.
Start the day with a large glass of water (aka, liquid gold).
It’s one of the easiest things you can do to stay healthy and start your day off on the right foot. Every process and chemical reaction in your body relies on water. If you want to look and feel your best and positively impact every aspect of your health, do this.
The benefits: This small step will:
- increase your energy
- take up space in your stomach, helping you eat less and slash calories
- boost organ function and efficiency (your metabolism too!)
- help flush toxins and wastes out of your body, ridding discomfort and gut bulges from constipation and helping your skin to glow
How to do it:
- Wake up and immediately drink 12-16 ounces. Make it a habit.
- Don’t give up. Carry a water or seltzer bottle with you and drink 12-16 ounces before each meal.
- If you need a little extra flavor for motivation, squeeze lemon, lime and/ or orange in. Or try other water infusions like our Watermelon Basil ACV Detox Water Infusion.
2. Keep our favorite staples in your kitchen to easily whip up ten, healthy, simple meal options and avoid fast food/ take out.
- Several studies, including one from John Hopkins suggests that home cooking is a main ingredient in a healthier diet and trying to lose weight diet since people who frequently cook meals at home consume fewer calories, carbohydrates, less sugar sodium and less fat than when they eat out.